Why do I have large pores?
Enlarged pores are a common concern. Large pores develop when oil,
bacteria, and dead skin cells accumulate in the pores. This accumulation
‘clogs’ and subsequently enlarges each pore.
What can I do to reduce the size of my pores?
- Cleanse regularly: cleansing your skin twice daily, every day, will help to reduce oil, dirt, bacteria, and dead skin cells from building up. We recommend Obagi Foaming Gel for a crisp, fresh cleanse. Clarisonic’s Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and Deep Pore Cleansing Mask are excellent choices to use along with the Deep Pore Brush head with the Clarisonic Mia 2 or Pro.
- Cleanse efficiently with sonic cleansing: step up your cleansing efficiency by using the Clarisonic Mia 2 or the Clarisonic Pro. These sonic cleansing systems dramatically reduce the accumulation of pore-forming debris, therefore reducing the appearance of visible pores. Research has shown that cleansing with Clarisonic devices reduces pore size by 25% after just 1 use by removing 94% of dirt, oil, debris, and excess sebum.
- We recommend using the the Deep Pore Brush head, which fits any Clarisonic device. This brush head is engineered with graduated dual-action bristles to flush and dislodge oil and debris that clogs pores. The brush head is compatible with all Clarisonic facial cleansing devices.
- We also recommend cleansing the skin with Deep Pore Daily Cleanser by Clarisonic and by treating the skin twice weekly with the Deep Pore Detoxifying Clay Mask by Clarisonic. Both help to remove impurities from pores to reveal a softer, cleaner skin. Deep Pore Daily Cleanser is compatible with the Deep Pore Brush head.
- Apply Retinol: Retinol serves to increase cell turnover, which helps to ‘clean out’ those stubborn pores. This is a highly effective way to reduce pore size and to help clear up acne. Our favorite retinol is Retinol Complex 0.25 by SkinMedica.
- Pixel Skin Treatments: Pixel® treatments ablate the surface of the skin and stimulate collagen to fill in gaps, which reduces fine lines and scarring and improves roughened texture. A pixel treatment is also highly effective in reduction of pore size. This is a popular treatment that yields baby soft skin.